Accounts Apprentice (ref ACC08)
Assisting with bookkeeping, payroll and administration to start with. Moving to accounts & tax preparation as experience and knowledge is gained.
- Job Description
• This will be a varied role with an aim to give you a better understanding and more knowledge of accounts and tax
• Completing customer bookkeeping.
• Assisting the payroll department and covering time off when needed.
• Assisting the accounts team by completing draft accounts & tax returns as knowledge improves.
• Assisting clients submit their quarterly VAT returns
• Producing draft accounts , under the supervision of qualified accountants, for a range of clients including sole trader, partnerships, charities, pension schemes and limited companies?
• Learning the business administration function such as opening & dealing with post, sending books back to clients, ensuring that our own company files are in order and assisting with various other tasks such as answering the telephones.
- Personal Qualities
Confident, passionate, good team player, organised
- Qualifications Required
4 x GCSE A*-C / 9-4 which must include GCSE English and Maths at A*-C/ 9-4 or equivalent
A pass at Level 2 AAT certificate in Accounting or a L2 accounting qualification from another awarding body or A Level Accounting at A*-C.
The ability to word process is essential.
- Future Prospects
Progression to level 4 and beyond to ACCA if desired.