Albany Academy - Hospitality Team Member
Hospitality Team Member - Food Production level 2 apprentice
Albany Academy are looking to recruit an apprentice to provide support to student, staff and visitors in accessing and using the academies catering facilities.
- Job Description
1. To provide friendly, responsive and customer focused support to students, staff and visitors in accessing and using the academies catering facilities.
2. To support the Catering Manager with all aspects of the preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to the required standard.
3. To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customer’s special dietary requirements, for example nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
4. You may be required to undertake some basic cooking including the reconstitution of prepared food.
5. The transferring and serving of meals, sandwiches and beverages.
6. General kitchen and dining room duties, including washing up; setting up and clearing away equipment and tables, cleaning of the kitchen and dining room surrounds and equipment to include all work surfaces, dining furniture, floors and walls.
7. The school operates a cashless biometric system and you may be required to operate a till on this system.
8. You may be required to undertake cash handling and reconciliation.
9. Assist with hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods and to assist with implementation of cleaning schedules.
10. All duties must be carried out to comply with Health & Safety and Hygiene regulations.
11. To attend meetings and training courses as required.
12. To support the Catering Manager in ensuring a fast paced service at all times
13. To take an active role in the catering team’s quality assurance arrangements.
14. To provide appropriate catering support for events and activities which may take place in the evening.
15. To have oversight of and ensure smooth operations of catering facilities, including monitoring and replenishing stock levels and communication with suppliers as required.
16. To deputise as Catering Supervisor as required
17. To carry out other duties appertaining to the use of the premises as may be necessary from time to time in accordance with the reasonable requirements of the Headteacher.
- Personal Qualities
Commitment to professional development.
Appreciation of Catering in a school environment.
Appreciation of safety in a catering / kitchen environment.
Be a professional role model for students
- Qualifications Required
No GCSEs required, but must demonstrates the ability to achieve Maths/English L2 functional skills as indicated in BKSB assessment.
- Future Prospects
Possible progression to Level 3.