Commis Chef Level 2 Apprentice
The Pantry at Maxy Farm are looking for a punctual, well-presented young chef with a passion for cooking.
- Job Description
Are you a skilled, creative chef who would like to play an important role in the development of a café in a modern, state-of-the-art premises at the heart of the thriving community of Cottam, Preston?
We are looking for a punctual, well-presented young chef with a passion for cooking. We want someone who is capable of adapting to different roles in the kitchen and isn’t afraid to bring some of their own exciting or new ideas.
You will need to deliver an appetising and innovative breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea menu to attract and satisfy a broad clientele.
You will work and learn alongside our head chef who has worked in restaurants across the world including some kitchens with 1 and 2 Michelin Stars.
The café will be operating from 08.00 to 16.00 hours, seven days per week.
We’re looking for a candidate with the following qualities:
• A passion for food and high standards
• Creativity and a desire to try new things
• Past experience working in a professional kitchen and with fresh produce
• Ability to ensure consistent and smooth running of food production
• Strong management and organisational skills
• Effective communication skills and able to work effectively as part of a team
Duties will include:
• Planning menus
• Prepping food
• Cooking food
• Plating up
• Washing up
• Organising stock.
- Personal Qualities
Enthusiastic, honest, hard worker, team player, passionate
- Qualifications Required
4 x GCSE A*-D/Grade 9-3 including maths and English or equivalent.
- Future Prospects
Progression to Level 3