Apprentice Nursery Practitioner Level 2 or 3
Level 2 or 3 Children & Young Peoples Workforce Apprenticeship
Bank Hall Kindergarten are looking for an Apprentice to join their team in Bretherton, near Leyland.
- Job Description
** Due to the location of the setting it is advisable that candidates have access to car**
Duties and Responsibilities
•To work under your room leader in your designated role/room in relation to all duties as listed below, following the guidelines as stated in your room booklet
• To effectively deliver the EYFS by providing high quality care and activities for children which recognise both individual and group requirements in a secure, safe and stimulating environment
•Organise activities in advance and record daily, both inside and outside the Kindergarten, which encourages creativity, development, co-ordination, independence, self-expression, and learning through play
• Work in partnership with parents and carers, recognising that parents are their children’s first educators, and encourage parental involvement in the Kindergarten
• Be aware of child protection issues and follow the Kindergarten’s Safeguarding Children policy and procedures/Whistle Blowing Policy
• Ensure close monitoring of children about whom there are concerns and always inform your room leader of such
• Participate in professional development and training, attend courses and staff meetings as required
• Work in partnership with other early years professionals and outside agencies, e.g. Inclusion Teachers, health visitors, speech therapists
• Prepare and serve food, milk, drink and snacks to children, encouraging good nutrition, good social skills and table manners during meal and snack times
• Assist children with personal care, including changing nappies, assisting with potty training and other associated welfare duties-under supervision
• Carry out on-going cleaning of the Kindergarten/resources on a daily basis (indoors and outdoors as necessary)
• Carry out Health and Safety checks as required to ensure the building is tidy, safe, clean and secure for children, staff, parents/carers and visitors
• Set up the environment influencing by your planning to support the needs of your key children. Ensure your key children’s files are kept up to date with planning for their individual needs, the environment, observations, photographic evidence.
•Raise any concerns you may have with your room leader/management
• Be responsible for your room, report to your room leader when resources run low; including nappies, wipes, aprons, gloves, art equipment, perishables etc
• Enhance and encourage the use of continuous Provision as this aids children’s development in self-assurance, independence, making choices and self-selecting. (be responsible for some of these areas)
•Ensure that no child is ever left alone in any area of the Kindergarten.
•Support the children’s play as and when required
• Never leave your room when it may put your colleagues at risk of being out of ratio– unless in case of emergency
•To keep up to date with the reading of Policies and Procedures of Bank Hall Kindergarten, adhering to them at all times
• Display exemplary practice at all times
• Uphold and carry out the duties of the post with due regard to the Kindergarten’s Equalities and Inclusion policies
• Co-operate in the implementation of the Health and Safety Policy and ensure that the Kindergarten’s practice and environment meets Health and safety standards
• Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade and character of the work as may reasonably be required by the Kindergarten.
Your duties will be as set out in the above job description but please note that the manager reserves the right to update your job description, from time to time, to reflect changes in, or to, your job. You will be consulted about any proposed changes. The list of duties in the job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive.
There will be other duties and requirements associated with your job and, in addition, as a term of your employment you may be required to undertake various other duties as may reasonably be required.
This vacancy may close before the closing date if the employer deems sufficient application forms have been received. Please note if you have not been contacted within 1 week of the closing date your application for this vacancy will have been unsuccessful.
- Personal Qualities
Commitment to role
- Qualifications Required
GCSE A* – C English and Maths
- Future Prospects
Progressing to next level of training