Business Admin Apprentice (Reception)
Business Administrator Level 2
Dnata travel are now recruiting a Business Admin Apprentice to support the smooth running of our new reception area.
- Job Description
In preparation for the exciting move to our new state of the art offices in Leyland in Summer 2019, we are now recruiting a Business Admin Apprentice to support the smooth running of our new reception area.
Your duties will be varied and will include welcoming external guests, booking and servicing of meeting rooms as well as administrative tasks to support the Receptionist and Executive Assistant. To be considered for this role you need to be punctual, professional and provide excellent customer service at all times, demonstrating a flexible approach to work and relishing new challenges.
• Acting as the face of dnata Travel and greeting all visitors, contractors and guests in a professional and welcoming manner.
• Support the receptionist to ensure the smooth operation of the reception and meeting rooms.
• Assisting in the welcoming of large groups of visitors, ensuring that meeting rooms are set up, refreshments provided and any additional requests carried out.
• Instructing all visitors in relevant safety and security information.
• Provision of refreshments for visitors and meetings; keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy.
• Handling queries and requests from visitors including booking taxis etc.
• Assisting with the managing and monitoring the booking process of all meeting rooms. Ensuring all meeting rooms are kept clean, tidy and in good working order.
• Assisting with the processing of new starter security ID badges and the distribution of locker keys.
• Assisting with company car booking process.
• Providing administration assistance to the Executive Assistant where required.
• Carrying out specific duties to log visitors during emergency evacuations.
• Complete L2 Qualification in Business Admin.
dnata Travel, part of the Emirates Group, includes the brands of Gold Medal, Travel 2, Netflights, Travelbag, Travel Republic, Global Travel Group and Sunmaster. These brands are based at offices across the UK including London, Kingston-upon-Thames, Chester, Preston, Halifax and Glasgow.
Our newly refurbished office is based in Leyland, 20 minutes’ walk from the town centre, close to a bus route and just 10 minutes’ drive from junction 29 of the M6 motorway.
Our employees enjoy many benefits including a company pension scheme, life assurance, travel discounts, industry/social events, break out area with pool table, on-site bistro, free car parking.
- Personal Qualities
• Excellent team working ability.
• The enthusiasm and drive to work to deadlines, targets and achieve objectives.
• Excellent time management and organisation skills.
• A pleasant, professional and helpful telephone manner and ability to communicate at all levels with excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to help.
• Smart appearance.
• Customer focussed.
- Qualifications Required
4 x GCSE A*-D /Grade 9-3 which must include GCSE English at Grade A*-C /Grade 9-4 and Maths at Grade A*-D /Grade 9-3 or equivalent.
IT Literate – experience of using Microsoft Excel and Word applications.
- Future Prospects
Potential permanent role for the right candidate