Business support assistant
Business Administration Level 2
Lostock Hall Academy in Preston are looking to recruit an administration apprentice to join their team.
- Job Description
Primary role is to act as an efficient, polite, courteous point of contact for our major customers and telephonist to cover incoming and outgoing calls. Forwarding non-sales related calls to the correct department/individual efficiently, and dealing with sales related calls. Taking and processing orders and queries via email and telephone and dealing with them promptly, efficiently and professionally. General office duties such as filling, photocopying and shredding.
The successful candidate will act as a key member of our team and act as a supporting role with the opportunity to progress at a later stage.
Office assistant description:
• Answering the telephone
• Taking enquiries where required
• Compiling database lists
• Entering information onto database
• Filing and organising of stock, samples and paperwork
• Sending out samples
• Taking credit card payments
• Contacting customers and suppliers where required
• Organising mail shots and following up
• Use of computers, Outlook, Sage / Act and Internet
• Internet research for new customers
• Taking and processing small orders
This vacancy may close before the closing date if the employer deems sufficient application forms have been received. Please note if you have not been contacted within 1 week of the closing date your application for this vacancy will have been unsuccessful.
- Personal Qualities
Excellent communication skills
Good telephone manner
- Qualifications Required
GCSE Grade A*-D or Above for Maths and English Language or equivalent
- Future Prospects
Huge potential for advancement within the company depending on strengths and interests.