Community Support Worker Apprentice (Ref HS01)
Working with people who have a learning disability and who also may have a physical, sensory or acquired disability or mental health support needs, ASD, complex health needs. Your role is to meet the assessed needs of the individual in a person centred way.
- Job Description
Working with people who have a learning disability and who also may have a physical, sensory or acquired disability or mental health support needs, ASD, complex health needs
Assistant Director/Team Leader/senior support worker/locality manager
A community support worker works as part of a team. Their role is to meet the assessed needs of the individual in a person centred way.
• To assist the people we support in working towards and achieving goals mutually agreed in their support/person centred plan/HAP to enable them to lead as full and independent lives as possible.
• To work within the Code of Practice for Social Care Workers.
• To have a CRD/DBS update
• To pay due regard to the rights, wishes and needs of the people we support.
• To meet their practical needs in all aspects of daily life including holidays and social activities.
• To undertake Key Worker responsibility as an aspect of your work if individuals choose/require such support as delegated and additional responsibility by your line manager
• To undertake shift leader responsibility once competent in the post.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times.
• To work alongside other staff and volunteers, participating in normal home making duties or anything else which a person may require support with according to their plan.
• Responsibility for own professional development/attend all training, contribute to the development of colleagues, undergo appraisals, training events, and supervision. Attend and contribute to meeting as requested by the position held.
• Implement the operation policies as laid down by Linkability, relating to its Aims, Objectives, and Statutory Obligations/current legislation
• Report to supervising staff any difficulties with equipment or other matters causing concern, accidents or untoward occurrences.
• Participating in staff Sleep Over or Wake Watch duties as required as per contract
- Personal Qualities
Health and Safety:
To be responsible for health and safety as an employee in line with Linkability’s Health and Safety policy statement.
All employees are required to discharge responsibilities and conduct themselves in line with Linkability’s Equal Opportunity and anti discrimination policy statement.
• All employees are required to participate in Linkability’s Continual Professional Development (CPD) and Appraisal scheme.
• To perform strictly within Linkability’s confidentiality and none beneficiary code of practice.
• There is a requirement to attend training and complete training in agreed time scales.
• To have integrity and respect the high standards expected of Linkability’s employees and at no time bring the organisation into disrepute.
• Any other reasonable duty asked of you by the Company
- Qualifications Required
4 x GCSE A*-D/9-3 including Maths and English or equivalent or relevant work experience and required initial assessment results.
- Future Prospects
Possible progression to level 3