Early Years Practioner
Childcare Level 3 Apprentice
General nursery duties working with 0-8 years old. You need to be equivalent to Mary Poppins to play with children and read stories.
- Job Description
The successful candidate will take care of 0-8 year old children in accordance with The Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory requirements or any future framework or curriculum.
The nursery is looking for an ideal candidate who is an equivalent to Mary Poppins who will ready stories, play with children, wipe noses, ties shoe laces and play games. You will need to be confident, comforting and consistent.
The main duties include:
– To care for individual children including planning and carrying out activities, making assessments and sharing information with other staff members and parents.
– Contributing to good team spirit.
– First Aid appointed officer. (After training)
– Supervising meal times and preparing food and upholding a hygienic environment.
– Maintaining cleanliness and organisation of the indoor and outdoor environment.
– Undertake relevant training
– To attend staff meetings
– To attend parent meetings.
– To behave in accordance to the standards set out in the Staff Manual
This vacancy may close before the closing date if the employer deems sufficient application forms have been received. Please note if you have not been contacted within 1 week of the closing date your application for this vacancy will have been unsuccessful.
- Personal Qualities
The successful candidate will be reliable,Patient,flexible and have a passion for helping children develop.
- Qualifications Required
Must have 4 GCSEs at Grade A* – D including Maths and English and must be able to work towards Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 in Maths, English and ICT.
- Future Prospects
Possible progression onto permanent employment, depending upon suitable vacancies available.