Infrastructure Technician Apprentice - Tarleton Academy, Preston (ref IT05)
To assist in the day-to-day running and support of the academy's network and interactive learning equipment, supporting the online helpdesk application by ensuring issues are addressed, documented and resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Job Description
• First line support for users, especially, but not limited to, users of Chromebooks;
• Repair of Chromebooks
• Asset management of Chromebooks through Google Admin Console (and/or Parago if appropriate);
• Monitoring the use of the loan machines with regard to school rules;
• Keeping a record of accidental damage claims and presenting data sufficient that SLT can act to reduce instances of poor care of the devices.
• Keeping a record of parts exchanged under the school’s in-house repair scheme, to be shared with ASUS as part of our warranty arrangements.
• Keeping a record of income and expenditure of the in-house Chromebook repairs, such that the IT department can reasonably project our likely overall costs relating to the scheme.
• Use of helpdesk ticketing system to manage prioritisation and ensure best user experience
• Support the IT department in the maintenance of the school’s network infrastructure
• Support the IT department in fault diagnosis and repair of computer systems and components
• Write and maintain scripts, with the support of the IT department, to automate the provisioning and de-provisioning of Chromebooks and user accounts.
• Communicate effectively, working as part of a small team to provide accurate written and verbal information to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Personal Qualities
- Qualifications Required
5 x GCSE’s at Grade 4 / C or above to include English, Maths, Science and IT
- Future Prospects