Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprentice
To assist Network Services to provide an effective, reliable network to all users, to support learners and staff by providing a high quality service.
- Job Description
All staff must make a positive contribution to:
• The Catholic ethos of the College and its distinctive nature;
•The College Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and Safeguarding Policies and Procedures;
• The pursuit of excellence and the highest standards of quality in all aspects of College life;
• Their own professional development, in accordance with the needs of the College.
The candidate will need demonstrable interest and passion for Information Technology and computer networks. Experience of PC and other IT hardware fault-finding and experience of supporting the IT needs of others at a variety of levels in a similar environment would be desirable.
Your detailed responsibilities which might change from time to time are as follows:
• Provide first line support for all IT related queries, escalating issues where appropriate.
• Log, co-ordinate and track requests on the college’s helpdesk system.
• Inventory of equipment logged centrally on the college’s audit system.
• Install and configure equipment and software applications.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
• Monitor and maintain college computer equipment. (PC’s, iMacs, Laptops, Tablets,MFD’s,Scanners).
• To follow all College policies and procedures and work in accordance with the college’s Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding Policies.
• To occasionally assist in other areas of the college at busy times e.g. exam invigilation and student enrolment.
To apply for this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a candidate job application pack.
This vacancy may close before the closing date if the employer deems sufficient application forms have been received.
- Personal Qualities
• Logical Thinker
• Be helpful and approachable
• Be able to work in a team
• Have high quality interpersonal skills
• Committed to equality and diversity
• Committed to safeguarding
• Willing to undertake training and development appropriate for the role
• Disclosure and Barring Service Clearance*
• Pre-employment Medical clearance*
• Provision of two references which are deemed as satisfactory to the Principal*
• The ability to meet the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act (to be eligible to work in the UK)
- Qualifications Required
• 5 GCSE A*- C which must include English and Maths at Grade A* – C (current equivalent grade 9-4)
• Educated to level 2
• GCSE (A*-C / Grade 9-4) or other Level 2 qualification in ICT/Computing.
- Future Prospects
This is a fixed term contract