Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprentice
To assist Network Services to provide an effective, reliable network to all users, to support learners and staff by providing a high quality service.
- Job Description
All staff must make a positive contribution to:
• The Catholic ethos of the College and its distinctive nature;
•The College Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and Safeguarding Policies and Procedures;
• The pursuit of excellence and the highest standards of quality in all aspects of College life;
• Their own professional development, in accordance with the needs of the College.
Your detailed responsibilities which might change from time to time are as follows:
• Provide first line support for all IT related queries, escalating issues where appropriate.
• Log, co-ordinate and track requests on the college’s helpdesk system.
• Inventory of equipment logged centrally on the college’s audit system.
• Install and configure equipment and software applications.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
• Monitor and maintain college computer equipment. (PC’s, iMacs, Laptops, Tablets, MFD’s, Scanners).
• To follow all College policies and procedures and work in accordance with the college’s Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding Policies.
• To occasionally assist in other areas of the college at busy times e.g. exam invigilation and student enrolment.
To apply for this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a candidate job application pack.
This vacancy may close before the closing date if the employer deems sufficient application forms have been received.
- Personal Qualities
• Computer literate and competent with using familiar software packages and apps.
• Logical Thinker
• Basic knowledge and understanding of computer hardware and software.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Qualifications Required
• 5 GCSE A*- C which must include English and Maths at Grade A* – C (current equivalent grade 9-4)
• Educated to level 2
• GCSE (A*-C / Grade 9-4) or other Level 2 qualification in ICT/Computing.
- Future Prospects
This is a fixed term contract