Level 3 AAT Apprentice - (ref ACC05)
Your role will be very varied and aim to give you an all-round understandings of accounts and tax , although will predominately be based in our accounts team. You will study towards an AAT qualification, with full study support, whilst gaining practice experience.
- Job Description
You will begin or continue your studies towards the AAT qualification, being provided with paid day release to attend College.
We will ensure you are fully supported throughout your studying at College, and you will benefit from the support group of our current trainees.
Whilst at work you will be supervised by experienced, qualified Accountants who will help you step-by-step in understanding what is required to progress your career as an Accountant.
Your role will carry out functions such as:
– Assisting clients with their day to day bookkeeping , becoming familiar with accounting software
– Assisting clients submit their quarterly VAT returns
– Producing draft accounts , under the supervision of qualified accountants, for a range of clients including sole trader, partnerships, charities, pension schemes and limited companies
– Assisting other areas of the firm such as the audit team and taxation team as and when required.
– Provide office administration supporting throughout the firm ensuring that our own firm’s files are kept in order and assisting with various things – such as reception and back office functions.
- Personal Qualities
Enthusiastic. Personable. Enjoys working with teams and willing to help out wherever.
- Qualifications Required
4 x GCSE A*-C / 9-4 which must include GCSE English and Maths at A*-C/ 9-4 or equivalent
A pass at Level 2 AAT certificate in Accounting or a L2 accounting qualification from another awarding body or A Level Accounting at A*-C.
The ability to word process is essential.
NB a diagnostic assessment may be completed to establish L2 accounting abilities in lieu of a L2 accounting qualification.
- Future Prospects
Potential to progress to AAT Level 4, and further to ACCA qualification.