Nursery Apprentice - Level 2 or 3 (ref CC18)
To help with the everyday care of the children, to keep the setting at a high standard of cleanliness, to assist other staff members with the delivery of activities and games. To be happy and enthusiastic to learn the role and enjoy being with the children. National Minimum Wage!
- Job Description
You will train towards a level 2 or level 3 role, your responsibilities will be higher if you are studying the level 3.
• Ensuring that the individual needs and interests of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
• Keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life (level 3 role)
• Support all staff and be a good team player
• Communication in a professional and friendly manner with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
• Create and maintain a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children.
• Advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
• Be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fête, etc.
• Be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
• Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled
• Read, understand, and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting
• Develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
• Keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families, or other staff that is acquired as part of the job
• Be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside
• Support nursery assistants, students and volunteers
- Personal Qualities
Happy and keen to learn
Honest and trustworthy
- Qualifications Required
4 x GCSE’s at 9-3 including Maths and English at C+
- Future Prospects
Progression to level 3 or employment with the company if available