Ref: BA30 Business Administration Apprentice Level 3 at S&S Northern Ltd
S&S Northern is a family business, based in Buckshaw Village, Chorley Lancashire and are the UKs leading supplier of gas safety products to the commercial industry. The successful candidate will be undertake general administration duties and able to support external sales staff with their day to day role.
- Job Description
Be a part of a successful team! Not just an employee number.
We have big ambitions as a company, in last 6 years we have opened offices in the USA, Canada and New Zealand.
S&S Northern are looking to recruit an Apprentice Internal Sales/Business Administrator 9am- 5pm Monday – Friday.
To liaise with customers and manage sales from initial enquiries, through to invoicing and post purchase product and technical support. As well as actively following up quotations and finding new customers.
Full technical and product training will be provided. Customer service for both domestic and international customers/suppliers/couriers.
The candidate will have every opportunity to grow in the company.
Responsibilities to include:
– Taking phone calls from customers
– Liaising with customers regarding enquiries
– providing customers with accurate quotations
– Processing customer orders
– Processing invoices for sales transactions
– Dealing with and responding to customer emails
– Providing after purchase product and technical advice to customers
– Managing customer databases, including product warranties
– Producing weekly reports to the Sales Manager
Key skills include:
– Excellent telephone manner
– Customer service focused
– Proactive, self-motivated and enthusiastic
– Demonstrates creative and technical thinking
– Proficient computer skills (Word & Excel essential)
– Able to manage time effectively
– Hard-working mentality
- Personal Qualities
Good Attention to detail
- Qualifications Required
5 x GCSE A*-D / 9-3 which must include GCSE English at A*-C / 9-4 and Maths at A*-D / 9-3 or equivalent.
- Future Prospects
The company will help to support the candidate both internally and with additional future courses where required and beneficial to both the candidate and the business.
- What will the End Point Assessment (EPA) include
This includes a knowledge test, portfolio-based interview and a project/improvement presentation. All assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO.
- Things to Consider
In order to progress your application, we will require you to complete additional paperwork and complete a BKSB assessment. The information will be sent via email if you meet the entry requirements set by the employer and linked training provider for the vacancy. Please check your junk mail whilst the vacancy is open.
Until we receive the above, we are unable to progress your application so please monitor your emails.
For more information on the NMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates