Ref CA19 - Production Chef Apprentice at The Boathouse Rufford Ltd
We serve traditional home cooked classical British dishes and a mix of classic dishes from around the world using the finest locally sourced ingredients wherever possible. We are looking for a production chef to join our fantastic team whilst studying for a Level 2 qualification.
- Job Description
Duties include but are not subjected to;
– Use specialist kitchen equipment to produce dishes
– Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene.
– Complying to kitchen to procedures and recipes.
– Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
– Create dishes based on special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
– Produce all food to a high standard
– Maintain a team-oriented atmosphere.
– Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
– Follow proper time-keeping policies and procedures.
During your apprenticeship you will cover topics such as;
• The preparation, assembly, cooking, regeneration and presentation of food
• Procedures for the safe handling and use of tools and equipment
• Standards and operating procedures
• Key nutrient groups
• Legal requirements
- Personal Qualities
Love for cooking, friendly.
- Qualifications Required
No GCSE’s required.
Must have the ability to achieve Maths/English L2 functional skills as indicated in the BKSB assessment
- Future Prospects
Possible full time role at the company