Ref CA20 - Chef Apprentice at Travellers Rest
As a Chef apprentice you will be working in the kitchen to help prepare the unique dishes we have to offer. You will be cooking with fresh, locally sourced ingredients, with the chance to cook a range of different dishes from the specials menus which change every week.
- Job Description
Duties include but are not subjected to;
– Use specialist kitchen equipment to produce dishes
– Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene.
– Complying to kitchen to procedures and recipes.
– Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
– Create dishes based on special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
– Produce all food to a high standard
– Maintain a team-oriented atmosphere.
– Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
– Follow proper time-keeping policies and procedures.
During your apprenticeship you will cover topics such as;
• The preparation, assembly, cooking, regeneration and presentation of food
• Procedures for the safe handling and use of tools and equipment
• Standards and operating procedures
• Key nutrient groups
• Legal requirements
- Personal Qualities
Good work ethic, friendly, the ability to work well in a team.
- Qualifications Required
No GCSE’s required.
Must have the ability to achieve Maths/English L2 functional skills as indicated in the BKSB assessment
- Future Prospects
Progression to level 3 – Candidate dependent