REF CA31 - Apprentice Commis Chef at Stanley House Hotel
The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to learn his/her trade in a leading hotel with varied food operations from an experienced brigade.
Stanley House Hotel & Spa is currently recruiting a full-time Commis Chef. This role demands that the candidate be hard working, dedicated and eager to learn with a desire to reach the top.
- Job Description
Stanley House Hotel & Spa is currently recruiting a full-time commis chef for our luxury 4 star privately owned property. Reporting to the executive chef, this role demands that the candidate be hard working, dedicated and eager to learn with a desire to reach the top.
The successful candidate to have the following attributes;
• Be willing to learn new skills whilst refining old
• Be able to work as part of large team within a multi outlet operation
• Have excellent personal grooming standards
• Be able to work under close supervision whilst having the ability to think for themselves
• Have a passion for food
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Preparing and the cooking of food to our standards
• To follow and maintain food hygiene standards
• To work as a team with the rest of the department and throughout the hotel
• Check and process deliveries
• Assist and monitor food stocks and its rotation
• To be flexible and help other chefs in other areas at busy times if necessary
• To ensure that all food preparation is completed on your section before service
- Personal Qualities
Willing to learn new skills
Have a passion for food
- Qualifications Required
GCSE A*-C English and Maths or equivalent
- Future Prospects
Full time employment at Stanley House
- What will the End Point Assessment (EPA) include
Towards the final few months of the apprenticeship you will complete your End Point Assessment. This includes 4 assessment methods. These include an ‘On demand test’, a 3-hour practical observation, a culinary challenge observation and a professional discussion. All assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO.
- Things to Consider
In order to progress your application, we will require you to complete additional paperwork and complete a BKSB assessment. The information will be sent via email if you meet the entry requirements set by the employer and linked training provider for the vacancy. Please check your junk mail whilst the vacancy is open.
Until we receive the above, we are unable to progress your application so please monitor your emails.
For more information on the NMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates