Ref CC40 - Childcare Practitioner Level 2 at Future Champions Nursery
We have an opportunity for a successful candidate to work as part of a professional childcare team, forming trusting relationships with children and their families. You will work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the ethos, standards and the objectives of the Nursery are met consistently on a daily basis.
- Job Description
• Provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the setting
• Give support to the staff within the setting
• Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn
• Build and maintain strong partnerships, working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met
• Ensure good standards of safety, hygiene, and cleanliness are maintained at all times
• Effectively deliver the EYFS, ensuring that the individual needs and interests of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
• Keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers, and other key adults in the child’s life
• Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
• Develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
• Ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures, and medical histories
• Advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
• Be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents’ evenings, open mornings etc.
• Be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
• Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s ethos is fulfilled
• Read, understand, and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting
• Develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
• Keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families, or other staff that is acquired as part of the job
• Be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside
• Support nursery assistants, students and volunteers
The pay scale is between £5-7 depending on the experience of the successful individual. The amount of hours a week can vary from 32 – 40 hours a week.
- Personal Qualities
• Warm and friendly
• Honest and reliable
• Motivated, passionate and dedicated
- Qualifications Required
The qualification requirement is 4 x GCSE A* – D/ Grade 9-3 including maths and English or equivalent. Evidence of certificates will be required.
- Future Prospects
Possible progression onto the Level 3 Early Years Educator on completion of your Level 2, depending upon suitable vacancies within the setting at that time.
- What will the End Point Assessment (EPA) include
Towards the final few months of the apprenticeship you will complete your End Point Assessment. This includes a professional discussion underpinned by portfolio. A knowledge test. All assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO.
- Things to Consider
In order to progress your application, we will require you to complete additional paperwork and complete a BKSB assessment. The information will be sent via email if you meet the entry requirements set by the employer and linked training provider for the vacancy. Please check your junk mail whilst the vacancy is open.
Until we receive the above, we are unable to progress your application so please monitor your emails.
For more information on the NMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates