Ref TA01 - Apprentice Classroom Assistant at Lostock Hall Academy
As part of the Global Faculty, you will play a pivotal role in the development of positive educational experiences for a range of students. You will support students in a classroom setting or may work with a smaller group of students. This vacancy is term time only.
- Job Description
As part of the Global Faculty, you will play a pivotal role in the development of positive educational experiences for a range of students. You will support students in a classroom setting or may work with smaller groups of students.
Accountabilities/Responsibilities – appropriate for this post:
At Lostock Hall Academy we are committed to providing our students with the education and the personal development they need to reach their goals. Through a Growth Mindset approach, we promote a ‘can do’ attitude to learning, with guided pathways into further and higher education and ultimately, to the career that they want to pursue.
The successful candidate will be supported in their development but should be able to give examples of how they feel their current skills and experiences align to the following qualified Classroom Assistant roles and responsibilities, hence making them suitable for the apprenticeship:
• To be skilled in building strong, effective relationships with students;
• To believe in the potential and growth of all students;
• To be a knowledgeable, creative, persistent and resilient classroom practitioner;
• To be confident in working closely with teachers to adapt and enrich curriculums;
• To be passionate about teaching and learning and use reading and research on SEND-specific pedagogies to innovate strategies that secure progress for all.
Individuals in this role may also:
• To fully participate in the Academies continual professional development where appropriate;
• The duties may be varied by the Principal and/or Governing Body to meet changed circumstances in a manner compatible with the post held.
• The academy expects flexibility within the duties and responsibilities specified above. This means that the postholder may be expected to carry out work that it not specified in the job profile but which is within the remit of the duties and responsibilities, including covering for colleagues across the Behaviour for Learning Faculty
- Personal Qualities
Passionate about teaching and learning
Can give examples of how you meet the skills required
- Qualifications Required
Essential: 4 x GCSE A*-D / 9-3 which must include GCSE English at A*-C / 9-4 and Maths at A*-C / 9-4 or equivalent.
- Future Prospects
Can be discussed at interview