Support Care Workers
Health and Social Care Level 2 Apprenticeship
Homecare Mellor are looking for numerous Health and Social Care apprentices to cover the Preston office working within the community.
- Job Description
** Due to the nature of this role candidates are expected to be 18 as a minimum and hold a driving licence.**
An excellent opportunity has arisen to work for a well-established Homecare business.
You will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience working within a very professional but friendly team on various services a business provides.
• Develop effective working relationships with the other employees within The Agency.
• Support an open, positive and inclusive working culture.
• Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the care standards and care service provision.
• Systematically solve day-to-day problematical issues which arise.
• Assist in the development of the philosophy, goals and objectives for the care practice.
• Assist in the assessment of the effectiveness of care implementation and delivery
• Implement action to meet and maintain care standards.
• Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams in order to maximise opportunities for Client therapeutic care.
• Ensure Client rights are protected.
• Encourage a model of self-care and Client rehabilitation.
• Record relevant activities in Care Plans.
• Evaluate standards of care competence.
• Encourage innovative methods for the delivery of care.
• Encourage health promotion within care strategies.
• Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
• Promote a positive image for residency and employment within The Agency.
Apprenticeships provide both on-the-job and off-the-job training so that you can earn while you learn.
Full training will be given as well as support for Maths or English if required.
- Personal Qualities
Friendly & Caring
Excellent time keeper, enthusiastic and motivated
Forward thinking individual with a keen eye for detail
Team player but also able to work independently
- Qualifications Required
4 x GCSE A*-C/Grade 9-4 or equivalent, which must include English and Maths
- Future Prospects
Progression onto Level 3 Health and Social Care is expected.