CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing
Developed for those who are in marketing and are looking to progress their career, this new qualification will give you the practical skills and knowledge to devise and implement tactical marketing activities and campaigns. You will gain relevant and contemporary marketing knowledge that will help you build your credibility in your professional marketing role.
This qualification is aimed at those who are working in supporting marketing roles, usually within the marketing function, but it could be that the candidate has a more senior roles, particularly in SME’s, where marketing is only part of what they do.
You will learn:
- Marketing (mandatory) – The role and function and function of marketing in some depth, as well as what influences the behaviour of your customers. You will be able to apply and adapt a marketing mix to satisfy customer needs.
- Integrated Communications (mandatory) – The many different ways of communicating with customers, both inside and outside the organisation.
And then you will have the choice of two electives:
- Customer Experience – Understand all aspects of your customers’ experience so that you can ensure you deliver expectations in a consistent way. Monitor and measure their satisfaction so that you can make appropriate improvements as necessary.
- Digital Marketing – How to apply practical knowledge, including the effective use of a digital marketing toolkit
Successful completion of three modules will lead to the CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing.
The programme comprises of one 6-hour session per week. Delivery methods include trainer presentation, group discussion, individual and group tasks. There’s an additional requirement for directed self-study, which can demand a significant amount of personal time during assignment work and preparation for examinations.
- Hold a minimum of 2 A Levels
- Hold any general Bachelors or Masters Degree
or an equivalent such as:
- CIM Introductory Certificate in Marketing (level
- 2 or 3 version will be accepted)
- Have an NVQ or SVQ level 3 in Marketing
- NVQ or SVQ level 4 in any other subject
- Hold an International Baccalaureate
Or the successful completion of the Level 4 entry test
You will be assessed across the three modules using a blend of methods, examination, assignment and portfolio.
- Unit 1: Marketing -Exam required
- Unit 2: Integrated Communications- Assignment
- Unit 3: Customer Experience or Digital Marketing- Assignment/Portfolio.
Completion of one stand-alone unit will result in an award of the chosen unit. Completion of all three units will result in the Level 3 Certificate in Professional Marketing.
You can progress on to the Diploma in Professional Marketing – developing your knowledge, skills and understanding at a management level.