Essential Digital Skills
This Essential Digital Qualification will equip you with up to date digital skills that will be essential in a work context, including handling information, creating and editing digital content, and communicating using digital skills. You will also learn how to operate safely and responsibly online or when using various digital devices and solve common technical problems for yourself. These skills are becoming ever more valuable to work effectively and efficiently in any workplace or in your home life.
- Course Information
*This course is free to those aged 19+ who achieve a L1 or Entry Level 3 result in their assessment (see entry requirements below).
Focus your skills in:
- Using devices and handling information
- Creating and editing
- Being safe and responsible online
- Entry Requirements
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01772 642040 for more details.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Please read the Recommended Prior Knowledge Requirements section before applying. Before you enrol you will complete a short skills check to make sure you are matched onto the right level of course (EL3 or L1). This will also help you identify which skills you need to improve, have clear goals, and work independently with the resources provided.
- Progression Pathway
You can apply for L1 in September on successful completion of EL3.
- Programme Specification
What Level is this Qualification?
We offer 2 courses for Essential Digital Skills:
Entry Level 3 (EL3) – for developing skills for life and learning about skills for work.
Level 1 (L1) – focusing on building skills for work with some skills for life tuition.
How will the course be delivered?
Currently due to Covid, we are running this course online, after an initial one to one with your teacher. This means great interactive lessons with your teacher and the other students. This delivery method will be reviewed regularly, according to government guidelines. Support from your teacher will continue and we welcome any questions at email@example.com.
What Assessment will I need and how will this be done?
Once on the course, you will be assessed by a workbook of evidence by your tutor and an online multiple choice test.
How long is the course?
15 weeks – 3 hrs a week. Day and evening classes available.
When does the course run?
Courses run each February and September.
- Recommended Prior Knowledge Requirements
These are an important pre-requisite of skills learners need to have prior to starting EDSQ:
- Turning on a device (including entering and updating any account information safely, such as a password)
- Using the available controls on a device (such as a mouse and keyboard for a computer, or touchscreen on a smartphone or tablet)
- Making use of accessibility tools (including assistive technology) to make devices easier to use (such as changing display settings to make content easier to read)
- Interacting with the home screen on a device
- Connecting to the internet (including Wi-Fi) safely and securely, and opening a browser
- Opening and accessing an application on a device
- Delivery Method - Online
This course is currently delivered fully online. This is under regular review and any changes will be updated here.