First Aid At Work - 2 Day Refresher
This refresher course is recognised and approved by the Health & Safety Executive complying with the Health & Safety at Work Act (First Aid) 1981 and fulfils the requirements of the codes of practice on Health & Safety First Aid for all businesses.
The course covers the following subject areas:
- First Aid and the First Aiders responsibilities.
- Hygiene and organs of the body.
- The respiratory system.
- Respiratory disorders.
- Practical aspects of cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- The circulatory system.
- Practical aspects of the control of bleeding.
- Circulatory disorders.
- The nervous system.
- Management of the unconscious casualty.
- Disorders of the nervous system.
- The skeletal system and fracture management.
- Burns, scalds and poisons.
- Injuries to eyes and dealing with foreign bodies.
- Aches, pains and sudden illness and the effects of heat and cold.
- Handling and moving casualties.
- Duties of First Aider and knowledge of the legislation.
- First Aid kits and First Aid rooms.
- Written and practical assessment.
Delegates must have a valid First Aid at Work Certificate.
All delegates will complete written assessments and on the second day will complete a comprehensive written assessment and three practical assessments with two independent trainers. Successful delegates receive the First Aid at Work Certificate.
After completion you will receive a First Aid at Work Certificate, which is valid for three years.