At Runshaw we believe in building a partnership between the College, its students and their parents. We have a detailed Parents’ Handbook available for download.
Runshaw College promises to:
- Provide your son/daughter with appropriate pre-course guidance and information to ensure they select the right course.
- In consultation with Partner High Schools, the College will be represented at Parents’ Evenings for Years 9, 10 and 11 pupils.
- Students who attend Year 10 Sampling Days will receive a letter for their parents explaining the applications process and giving details of the College’s Open Evenings.
iii. At Open Evenings, parents will be able to obtain all the information they require about the college including our courses, results, destinations and transport services.
- Following application, your son/daughter will be invited to a New Student Day in the summer term before the start of the course.
- Invite you to an Induction Parents’ Evening to discuss your son/daughters’ initial progress and the support they need to achieve their personal best.
- You will be able to meet your son/daughter’s personal tutor.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss how you can best support your son/daughter’s learning.
iii. You will receive information about the college and your son/daughter’s course.
- Provide on-course information and guidance to enable you to support your daughter/son’s learning and progression.
- You will receive a College Calendar and information about the support available in college.
- You will be invited to join the Parents’ Forum
iii. We will provide you with a minimum of one written progress report each year.
- We will invite you to a minimum of one Parents’ Evening per year.
- You will receive notification of any significant difficulties your son / daughter faces during their studies.
- We will organise a Higher Education Progression Evening to inform you of the options available to your son/daughter on leaving college.