Our Certificate in Education and Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) qualifications are validated by the University of Central Lancashire and offer a sound introduction to teaching, giving you an integrated overview of teaching theory and practice.
The courses are ideal if you are looking to start a career in teaching or already work as a teacher but do not have a teaching qualification. You may also be able to undertake your teaching practice at Runshaw College.
Courses available are:
- Certificate in Education & Training, Preparatory
- Certificate in Education & Training, Introductory
- Certificate in Teaching, Learning and Assessment, Intermediate
- Certificate in Education (Education & Training)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (Education & Training)
- professional teaching practice opportunities at Runshaw College for full-time applicants. Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) applicants will need a 2.2 degree or higher to be considered. Placements are offered subject to successful interview and on a first come, first served basis.
- support from a specialist work placement officer to help you to obtain a high quality, supervised teaching placement.
- study with trainees from a variety of settings to broaden and enrich your learning.
- outstanding student success. skills and knowledge development through study visits and practitioner talks.
- external journal publication opportunities.
- class sizes that provide a more personal teaching and learning experience.
- competitive tuition fees.
- opportunities for PGCE graduates to progress to an MEd at UCLan.
Inspire the next generation!