University Courses at Runshaw College and the UCLan Partnership
Runshaw is a partner college of the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan). This means you can study for a prestigious UCLan qualification entirely at Runshaw College (such as a Foundation Degree*), or study the first year of your Honours Degree at Runshaw and complete it at UCLan.
By studying at Runshaw you can be sure you’ll be in good hands. You’ll experience all the advantages of a large university education, combined with the benefits of studying in a friendly, supportive learning environment. You’ll have access to individual attention and support and won’t get lost in the crowd or be daunted by finding your way around a large University campus!
The benefits include:
- Outstanding teaching and learning throughout your studies at Runshaw.
- The very best support, employability and enrichment opportunities.
- Library membership, including access to the Runshaw Library and UCLan’s Preston Campus Library. You will also be able to access VALNOW (the Virtual Academic Library of the North West), providing links to thousands of online materials, journals and ebooks.
- The opportunity to live in UCLan approved accommodation.
- Access to Runshaw Student Services and UCLan Student Support, providing help and guidance on personal, financial or academic matters. You’ll also have access to UCLan’s Student ‘i’, a centre for information and help on all aspects of student life, employability, enterprise and career planning.
- Students’ Union membership providing thousands of offers and discounts, plus access to the UCLan’s £6.5 million students’ union building in Preston.
- Sporting opportunities at both Runshaw and UCLan, including access to UCLan’s £17 million elite indoor ‘Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre’ and £12 million UCLan Sports Arena.
- Graduation celebrations at UCLan’s annual Graduation Ceremony.
- The opportunity to apply for further study at UCLan.
- Academic Support & Services
- The ‘i’
- Counselling Service
- Disability Services
- Health Centre
- Multi Faith Centre & Chaplaincy
- Preschool Centre
- M & M Mentoring
- Flying Start
More information about our Partnership with UCLan is available from UCLan’s website at www.uclan.ac.uk/information/uclan/partnership/pd.php
*Don’t forget – as a Runshaw College Foundation Degree student, you are also able to apply to UCLan to top-up your qualification to a full Honours Degree through either one or two more years of study!