Due to Covid-19, the Library has made changes to help keep you safe.
Download our Powerpoint Presentation for more information.
The library service has been assessed and achieved the level ‘Grade 1 Excellent’ continuously since 2000 by the Council for Learning Resources in Colleges.
There are libraries at all of our centres and all hold a range of:
- Full text databases
- Various learning software.
- PCs, Macs and printing facilities
The libraries provide a quiet environment for study with knowledgeable and supportive staff to help. Our library team delivers a programme of study skills to support learning and research.
Our Online Catalogue below is available for anyone to browse and we also have a wide range of online materials available. You can also download our Library leaflet below.
The three open access Study Zones at our Langdale Centre provide all students with a supportive environment for independent study outside of class time. Students can use the Study Zones to:
- Prepare for lessons
- Complete homework
- Work on assignments
- Revise for exams
- Create CVs and develop employability skills
- Draft and write university or job applications
Services and Facilities
The Study Zones are well-equipped areas specifically designed for independent study. Facilities include:
- Group and individual study spaces
- Bookable teamwork rooms and pods for group work
- Advance booking for PCs
- Express PCs with a short log on for checking emails or quick prints
- Colour printing, scanning and copying
- ‘Bring your own device’ facilities including charging points and storage lockers
- Study equipment loan such as calculators, ear phones and maths equipment
- Freecycle – a free stationery exchange
We want to make sure all students get the support they need to succeed. Our dedicated team is always available to help. We also offer study skills one-to-one sessions and group workshops to all students. We help with:
- Time management and organisation
- Improving writing and presentation skills
- Revising and preparing for exam success