Future proof your workforce with Runshaw
Our Business Engagement and Development team is ready to help you with every step of securing an apprentice. From your initial contact with us all the way through to appointing an apprentice, you will have one person who will be your single point of contact. Once your apprentice is in the post, our Trainer Assessor team takes over as we begin to assess your apprentice against the new standards, again, there will just be one point of contact for you who will keep you regularly updated with their progress.
Reasons to hire an Apprentice:
Taking on an apprentice has a huge range of benefits for your business:
- 80% of companies who invest in Apprentice have reported a significant increase in employee retention
- 77% of employers believe apprenticeships make them more competitive
- 76% of those employers who employ apprentices agree they make their workplace more productive
- 81% of consumers favour using a company which takes on apprentices
- 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
- 83% of employers who employ apprentices rely on their Apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future
Quick steps to hiring an Apprentice:
1. Find the right type of apprenticeship training for your business
2. Contact our Business Engagement team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01772 622677
3. Work with us to advertise your apprenticeship opportunity
4. Interview your candidates and appoint!
Apprenticeship Changes impacting your business: The Levy, Standards, and everything in-between!
The first stage of the levy, began in May 2017, and only affects your business if it has a payroll of over £3 million. This involves paying 0.5% of payroll costs on a monthly basis after the deduction of a £15,000 allowance. The government then tops up the fund by 10%, and the funds can be used by to buy apprenticeship training through an approved provider whilst also allowing you to get more out of the fund than they put in.
Most businesses under the £3m marker will not pay the levy and if your business has less than 50 employees an not part of a larger group of companies it will not have to make any contribution for apprentices aged 16 to 18, and just 10% for those over.
All ‘Frameworks’ will be replaced by ‘Standards’ which have been designed by employer groups.
Apprenticeship Levy and Standards Information
Register your information and we will send an Apprenticeship Levy information pack to you.