Studying a further education course is an invaluable investment in your future!
As an adult student (aged 19+) at Runshaw College you can be assured of an outstanding educational experience. We offer the unique combination of exceptional results, an inspiring atmosphere, excellent facilities and high-quality courses recognised by employers and universities.
We are an Ofsted-rated* Outstanding college committed to your success. Our supportive staff are dedicated to ensuring your learning experience is truly enjoyable. You will be taught in an adult environment with access to outstanding teaching and learning, and professional support. Whatever your ambitions, we can help you realise your dreams!
*Ofsted inspection report.
Everything you want…
- Excellent choice of courses
- Outstanding teaching
- Day and Evening courses available
- Friendly, supportive staff
- Welcoming, adult environment
- Great facilities
- Free parking
Subjects available at Runshaw include:
- Access to Higher Education
- Accounting (AAT accredited)
- Human Resources (CIPD accredited)
- Counselling (CPCAB accredited)
- Essential Digital Skills
- English – GCSE and Functional Skills
- Maths – GCSE and Functional Skills
- Supporting Teaching & Learning (Teaching Assistants)
Whether you want to be the next big thing or just want to quietly enjoy the knowledge that you can tackle the household budget, we can help you realise your ambitions!
- Free English & Maths Courses
Our ‘Functional Skills’ and GCSE English and Maths courses are FREE to anyone aged 19+ who does not already have a GCSE in English or Maths at Grade A*- C (Grade 9-4).
Click here for more information about our Free Functional Skills and GCSE courses.
- Free Essential Digital Skills Courses
This course is free to those aged 19+ who achieve a L1 or Entry Level 3 result in their initial assessment.
Focus your skills in:
Problem Solving – Find digital solutions to digital problems using online tools.
Transactions – Apply for services, safely buy and sell, and manage all your transactions online.
Handling Content – Find, create and manage content safely, securely, and in line with GDPR data laws.
Communication – Communicate, share, celebrate and inform safely and effectively online.
Click here for more information about our free Essential Digital Skills course.
- Access to Higher Education (HE) Courses
Change your life in a year!
Access courses prepare you for university study and can be your passport to an entirely new career! They provide students aged 19+ with the skills and qualifications required for progression to degrees, foundation degrees and other higher level studies.
Don’t forget to check the entry requirements before applying for any of the below courses.
If you are aged 19 or over and thinking about studying a further education vocational, technical or professional course at Level 3, 4, 5 or 6, you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay your course fees. Don’t forget, if you choose to study an Access to Higher Education Level 3 Diploma and progress to/successfully complete a degree/higher education course, the balance of your Advanced Leaner Loan will be written off. This means your Access course could be free.
Whether you are leaving college, or looking to develop or change your career, we can help you choose the right course for you!
We offer the following courses for 2021 entry:
Access to Higher Education Courses September 2021 Start Access to Higher Education: Nursing and Midwifery / Health & Social Care Level 3 Apply Here for September 2021 Access to Higher Education: Social Sciences (Psychology, Criminology & Sociology) Level 3 Apply Here for September 2021 Access to Higher Education: Paramedic Studies – Level 3 Apply Here for September 2021 Maths and/or English qualifications are a requirement for many of our courses. Please click here to apply for our September start 17 week part-time courses.
- How to Apply
Please be advised that this online form may be incompatible with some mobile devices and we would, therefore, recommend that anyone experiencing difficulties contact our Admissions Team. To contact the Admissions Team, please call 01772 642040 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your application has been received, we will be in touch to arrange your admissions interview (if necessary), and provide you with further details regarding enrolment.
- Qualifications Explained
Qualifications range in Level from ‘Entry’ through to ‘Level 8’ and successful completion of a qualification at one level, allows application to the next level. The table below provides further details.
Qualification Level Examples of Qualifications Entry
- Awards, Certificates & Diplomas at Entry Level
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
at Entry Level
- GCSEs Grades D-G
- BTEC Introductory Diplomas & Certificates
- Awards, Certificates & Diplomas at Level 1
- NVQs at Level 1
- Functional Skills (English & Maths) at Level 1
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
at Level 1
- GCSEs Grades A*-C
- BTEC National Certificates
- Awards, Certificates & Diplomas at Level 2
- NVQs at Level 2
- Functional Skills (English & Maths) at Level 2
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) at Level 2
- A Levels
- BTEC National Diplomas
- Awards, Certificates & Diplomas at Level 3
- NVQs at Level 3
- BTEC Professional Diplomas, Certificates & Awards at Level 4
- Higher National Certificates (HNCs)
- Higher National Diplomas (HNDs)
- Foundation Degrees
- BTEC Professional Diplomas, Certificates & Awards at Level 5
- Bachelors Degrees / Bachelors Degrees with honours
- Graduate Certificates & Diplomas at Level 6
- BTEC Advanced Professional Diplomas, Certificates & Awards at Level 6
- Postgraduate Certificates & Diplomas
- Doctoral Degrees