As a student at Runshaw College, you are at the heart of everything we do. Our simple ambition is that you are happy and fulfilled whilst achieving your dreams and ambitions during your time with us.
We aim to provide:
- the very best teaching
- exceptional pastoral care, provided by our team of specialist personal tutors
- a wide range of opportunities and experiences that will help you to develop skills that will prepare you fully for higher education and employment
- a very wide range of extra-curricular activities to ensure that you all receive a rich and broad education during your time with us
- outstanding additional learning support for students who require extra help with their studies
- a very friendly, caring and safe environment, with high expectations at all times
Visitors to the college always comment on its happy and purposeful atmosphere. I believe this comes from the friendly and respectful relationships which exist between staff and students, creating a college community where each person is valued and can flourish.
We are proud of our reputation and popularity. The successes of our students over the years have led to the college being recognised, both locally and nationally, as a centre of educational excellence. In fact, Runshaw has now been an Ofsted “outstanding” college for more than 25 years, and in 2014, in recognition of our enduring excellence, the Department for Education designated Runshaw as a National Teaching School.
We have also worked very hard to make sure that you have the facilities you deserve. During the last 10 years, with the aid of some government grants, we have invested over £25m in improving our buildings and facilities and we now believe that we have the finest facilities in the region.
Above all, we are extremely proud of our students. They are a delight to work with. I hope you will join us and I look forward to making you welcome at Runshaw.