Accessibility Statement for Runshaw College
The Runshaw College website has a separate accessibility statement which can be downloaded here via our Policies & Procedures page. Our website is designed to be as accessible and usable as possible for every user, based on desktop, phone and tablet compatibility.
This website is run by the Runshaw College Marketing Team. The Runshaw College website supports accessibility and is committed to ensuring everyone can access the information available. You may find it easier to find the information you require by using the keyword search located at the top right of each landing page, as pictured below.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website, which means you can:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts by clicking on the contrast & font tab located at the top right of each page, as pictured below
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen by pressing Ctrl + Alt + the +/- buttons, or, by clicking on your browser’s zoom settings
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard by using the tab, arrow, back and return keys
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. Additionally, all attachments for download are now in PDF format, compatible with most users’ devices.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability. External links will be opened in a new browser tab or window to allow you to switch between the Runshaw College website and the newly opened page. If viewing from a tablet or mobile phone, the website is designed to be device compatible, so all text and content will reformat automatically without losing quality/visibility.
We understand some parts of our website are not fully accessible yet:
- You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- Videos do not have captions (this is currently being assessed)
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the marketing team on email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). Our Complaints Policy can be downloaded here or is accessible via our Policies & Procedures page. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Runshaw College is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. Click here to download this policy.
- It’s not always possible to change the device orientation from horizontal to vertical without making it more difficult to view the content.
- It’s not possible for users to change text size, but, you can zoom in and out of pages, so too using a device.
- Some of our interactive forms may take longer to complete using just the tab key on a keyboard.
Feedback and contact information
You can contact us by phone, email or visit us in person. If you need information on this website in a different format like an accessible PDF, large print or audio recording, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 7 working days.
If you cannot view the college’s location map on the bottom footer, call us on 01772 622677 for directions. We have a dedicated Learner Support team in college to provide assistance for students with special educational needs and disabilities. Our Additional Learner Support Team are available to talk to on 01772 644375 or email us on email@example.com. You can also download our SEN and Disability Policy by clicking here.