L3 Criminology Applied Diploma
Our brand new Criminology L3 Applied Diploma will take you where you want to go! It is a 2 year course to be studied as part of your A Level Programme, and will give you the opportunity to look at Criminological Theories and the Changing Awareness of Crime.
- Course Information
The Course structure includes the following modules: Changing Awareness of Crime; Criminological Theories; Crime Scene to Courtroom; Crime and Punishment.
You will also focus on:
- Comparing criminal behaviour and deviance
- Explaining the social construction of criminality
- Describing biological, individualistic & sociological theories of criminality
- Analysing situations of criminality & evaluating the effectiveness of criminological theories in explaining the causes of criminal behaviour
- Assess the use of criminological theories in informing policy development and explaining how social changes affect policy
- Entry Requirements
For our A Level programme our entry requirements are a minimum of 5x Grade 5, and to study our new Criminology course we will also require at least a 5 in English GCSE.
- Progression Pathway
A vast range of enrichment opportunities also await you, including Horizons Academies, trips as well as a variety of guest lecturers from universities and the professional world, all of which are designed to encourage exploration of topics other than those studied on the course, and further develop knowledge and skills to support your university application and chosen career progression.
- Programme Specification
Why Criminology at Runshaw?