Creative Media Production UAL Level 3
Over a two year course you will develop a range of practical skills and theoretical knowledge in the areas of Television and Film Production. You will also have the opportunity to gain work experience externally and in the college's own production company RunshawTV. Many students who enjoy and successfully complete this course progress onto Higher Education or employment in the Media Industry.
- Course Information
This course allows you to discover your creativity with our team of industry specialists. It links theory with real media practice, and you will study:
- production management, pre-production, scripting and storyboarding
- practical camera, soundtrack and editing production
- television advertising
- film studies and production
- writing and layout skills
- music video production
- client working and professional skills
You should also have an active interest in the media, in particular film and television production, as you will be encouraged to seek work experience with local industries.
- Entry Requirements
For our Advanced Vocational courses our entry requirements are a minimum of 5x Grade C/Level 4 including either Maths or English Language at Level 4 or above, and no less than a Level 3 in the other.
Some courses and subjects will have additional specific entry requirements or require DBS clearance to undertake placements. Information about this can be found on the Apply Portal, and on your offer letter which you will receive after your interview.
- How will I be assessed?
You will work on a variety of practical assignments that reflect television industry practice. Assessment is through a range of written work (essays, reports, production folders, scripts and treatments), analysis of existing texts, presentations and practical projects (planning, production and post-production).
- Progression Pathway
Students progress into a wide variety of different careers, such as radio, film and television industry, broadcast journalism, web or games design, special effects industry, PR and advertising. Our students also progress onto a variety of different courses at a wide range of different universities:
- Salford University: Media Technology, Media Production, and Radio/Television Production
- UCLan: Film and TV Production, Advertising Journalism
- Edge Hill University: Television and Film Production, Animation, Public Relations
- Bournemouth University: Television Production
- Ravensbourne: Digital Film and Television Production, Editing and Post-Production
- Manchester Metropolitan, Film and Advertising Production
- University of Lincoln: Film and Television Production