A Level Religious Studies
It's a miracle - if studying religious beliefs and debating philosophical issues is for you, read our Bible of information below. A Level Religious Studies is a two year course which will give you the opportunity to explore a range of questions such as whether religion is a human construct, does God exist and what are miracles, do they still happen? Many students who enjoy and successfully complete this subject typically progress onto a wide range of degree courses. Debate key philosophical issues and get to the heart of why people hold religious beliefs.
- Course Information
Our course covers three distinct and interesting areas:
Philosophy of Religion, Ethics & the Study of Religion (Christianity).
Across these three areas we will discuss questions such as:
- How do we decide what is right or wrong?
- Should we consider the well-being of animals when we make moral decisions?
- Does God exist?
- Why does evil and suffering exist in a world created by God?
- How do we explain religious experiences?
- Would God perform miracles?
- Do humans have a soul?
- Is there an afterlife?
- Should the Bible be taken literally?
- Is feminism compatible with Christianity?
- Has science disproven Christian claims?
- Can different religions all offer some truth?
- Entry Requirements
For our A Level programme our entry requirements are a minimum of 5x Grade 5.
*Please note that A Level English requires a Level 6 in GCSE English
*Please note that A Level Maths requires a Level 6 in GCSE Maths
*Please note that A Level Sciences require a Level 6 in GCSE Maths and Science
- How will I be assessed?
100% written examination.
- Progression Pathway
Students who take this course can progress to read a wide number of degrees at university as it will be non-restrictive. Careers include teaching, journalism, social work, medicine, law, the police, research, broadcasting and television.
- National Careers Service
For guidance about what careers subjects can lead on to please follow this link to the National Careers Service.