This week the School of Public Services welcomed special guest speakers who came in to talk to our BTEC Social Science students.
Our students found the week incredibly insightful, with each speaker talking about their experiences in their field and offering advice and potential career paths on offer in the Public Services sector.
Our speakers included:
- DC Dave Kerfoot from Lancashire Police
- Paul French from Chester University
- Craig Milnes from Social Prescribing
- John Mullen from the Prison Sector
- George Kenyon from Careers in Law
- DS Dave Tait from Lancashire Police
- Dave Carlos from Lancashire Police
- Bankole Martins from CBT Therapist
- Chorley Task Force
- Jennifer Giblin from Edge Hill University
- Imogen Martinez from The Crown Prosecution Service
- Tia Beamish Paralegal from HCR Legal LLP
A huge thank you to everyone who came in to speak to our students.
Interested in studying with us this September?
Our Level 3 Vocational Course in Social Sciences gives you an in-depth insight into three subjects: Applied Law, Applied Psychology and Criminology, with units including Health Psychology, Criminological Theories, Crime Scene to Court Room and Criminal Law. The course is put together to give students an in-depth understanding of the criminal justice system and how the mind develops. Find out more by clicking below.