AS/A Level 3D Design
A Level 3D Design is a two year course which will give you the opportunity to explore materials and create three dimensional work using a broad range of materials and techniques. Students who enjoy and successfully complete this subject typically progress onto art and design related degrees.
Areas of study include:
- observational drawing and presentation techniques
- visualising 3D designs on paper before making
- colour theory within design
- material embellishment
- modelling and working with a variety of materials
- working to scale
- written analysis of the work of other artists/designers
- working to design briefs
- evaluating your own and others’ work
Minimum GCSE Grade Essential: B in Art and Design, or successful completion of of a set task.
An internally assessed unit of coursework = 60%
An externally set examination = 40%
Employment or higher education in the art and design field. Examples are Interior Design, Architecture, Product Design, Furniture Design and Sculpture but this is not exclusive. This course allows entry to a wide range of HE courses, depending upon your combination of A Levels.