Our Hair & Media Make-up students have entered their last competition of the year – the National AHT Make-up and Body Art competitions in Blackpool.
This week, 42 colleges from all over the UK including Ireland, Scotland and Wales entered with 362 students in total over a variety of competitions. Our students were put forward in every category and it was a fantastic achievement for our students to end their year on.
- Keira Sutch has recently been accepted to London College of Fashion and won all of her competitions over the college term, continuing her success by being awarded 1st place for her Body Art Out of Africa Theme and 1st place for her editorial cat walk make-up. The judges were so impressed with her skill and professionalism, Keira was offered numerous job offers there and then and was even approached by a college for a potential job opportunity. They had all identified Keira as a rising star and her phenomenal skills at such a young age.
- Stella Cheyne came in 3rd place for her Body Art Out of Africa theme.
- Lucy Harris came in 2nd place for her face painting zodiac theme.
- Emily Harvey came in 3rd place for her zodiac face painting.
- Ellie Brookfield came in 2nd place for her gender transformation from female to male using SFX products.
Overall, all the North West colleges gained the highest points across the country, with Runshaw definitely contributing to that score. We are so proud to share this success with you all – congratulations to all our winners!