Where can the #RunshawAdvantage take me?
Every individual matters. At Runshaw, we want you to be happy here and to achieve your full personal and academic potential. We have a great track record in supporting students.
Qualifications that make you stand out from the crowd
At Runshaw, you gain an advantage over other candidates applying for your choice of job role or higher education place. You can choose to study for a wide range of additional qualifications on top of your main qualification to give you the best chance of success in the future. We offer additional qualifications relevant to a range of career aims so that you can find one that will really help you get ahead! Some of these include:
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
- ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence)
- Prestigious Competitions CREST awards, UK Maths Challenge, Informatic Olympiad and many more!
- First Aid
- Course-specific additional qualifications – Health & Safety, Cabin Crew, Food Hygiene
Making you more employable
At Runshaw, you gain the skills and experience you will need for successful employment in the future. These are skills that employers value, such as: communication, problem solving, organisation, team working and negotiation. You have the opportunity to develop these skills through a range of interesting and worthwhile activities:
- Work experience placements
- Real work environments: Travel Hub, Runshaw Radio, Chef School
- Volunteering: V50, V100 awards
- Student Ambassador work & charity fundraising
The Runshaw Advantage will get you where you want to go
At Runshaw, you will receive high quality careers guidance to help you to make well-informed decisions about your future plans. Specialist staff help you prepare for your chosen next step, ensuring that you achieve the qualifications you need and then move on to your choice of higher education, employment, training or apprenticeship. Every Runshaw student also benefits from the unique ‘Runshaw CV’ to take away and use when applying for jobs or other opportunities.
Our Class of 2023 proved that the #RUNSHAWADVANTAGE really can help get you to where you want to be:
- Over 1000 A / A* grades achieved by our A Level students
- 3 in 4 of our Advanced Learner students achieved high grades (A*-B or equivalent)
- 95% of our Vocational students progressed to their chosen university
- One of the Telegraph’s best colleges in the country for getting a place at Oxbridge
- Top nationally in the DfE league tables, for progression to Russell Group universities and Oxbridge
Take a look below and see where a selection of our students from the Class of 2023 have headed off to.