Level 3 E Sports
The new ESports course will give you a range of experience and skills to progress to university and gain employment in the rapidly growing esports industry. The qualification is endorsed by the British ESports Association as being suitable for learners wanting to work in the industry. An opportunity to be part of an ESports teams who typically compete in tournaments against amateur and professional opponents. To succeed in this fast-moving sector, you will need to be a team player and good communicator. If you are looking to learn a range of skills for future employment including strategic thinking, teamwork, financial skills, then ESports could be ideal for you!
- Course Information
Gain the skills and qualifications to gain employment in the exciting and growing global ESports Industry. As the industry continues to grow around the world, more jobs and career pathways are being created in esports, creating a demand for people with specific skills.
The new Level 3 ESports qualification consists of 20 units, including:
- Introduction to ESports
- ESports Skills, Strategies and Analysis
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in the ESports Industry
- Health, Wellbeing and Fitness for ESports Players
- ESports Events (event planning)
- Producing an ESports Brand
- Video Production
- Shout casting
- Nutrition for ESports Performance
- ESports Coaching
- Psychology for ESports Performance
- Ethical and Current Issues in ESports
- Sports and ESports Law and Legislation
- Launching Your ESports Enterprise
- Games Design
The qualifications will enable some learners to enter careers in the esports industry and for others it will offer an opportunity to upskill and progress their careers.
Learners will develop a wide range of transferable skills and knowledge that can be applied to other careers and sectors including digital and STEAM-based careers.
ESports Championship Tournament
ESports students will also be able to trial for the Runshaw Ravens and help run the college British ESports student Championships while studying with us. Opportunities such as content creator, shout caster, social media manager, coach, stream production and more are available. These experiences will prepare you for work in industry and also give you an edge in your assignment work and CV to help you succeed.
There will be the opportunity for academy students to regularly participate in a competitive ESports league. The current games being used by The British ESports Federation, the current games are: League of Legends, Rocket League, Valorant.
ESport Parent Guide:
- Entry Requirements
For our Advanced Vocational courses our entry requirements are a minimum of 5x GCSEs at Grade 4, Maths or English Language or Literature at Grade 4 and Grade 3 in the others.
Some courses and subjects will have additional specific entry requirements or require DBS clearance to undertake placements. Information about this can be found on the Apply Portal, and on your offer letter which you will receive after your interview.
Induction Interview. A minimum of 5 x Grade 4s, including English & Maths.
- How will I be assessed?
The course is delivered as a combination of theory and practical, and you will be assessed through both a portfolio assessment of mandatory and optional units. All units are internally assessed and subject to external standard verification. Learners will present the findings of their own research, use case studies to explore complex or unfamiliar situations, carry out projects for which they have choice over the direction and outcomes and demonstrate practical and technical skills using appropriate processes.
- Progression Pathway
Upon completion of further study, you would be able to pursue a career in:
- Tech/Digital/STEM industries
- ICT – Data Engineer, Technical Producer, Network Technician
- Marketing – Events Manager, Business Developer, Revenue and Sales Manager
- Entrepreneurship – Wed Developer, Corporate Sponsorship, Brand Manager
- Creative Media – Editorial Manager, Software Developer, Executive Producer
- Business Studies – Training Manager, Social Media Manager, Recruitment Officer
- Game Development – Broadcast Production, streamer, Content creator
- Academic Degree up to Level 7 or Apprenticeship up to Level 6
- National Careers Service
For guidance about what careers subjects can lead on to please follow this link to the National Careers Service.