If you are aged 19 or over and thinking about studying a further education vocational, technical or professional course at Level 3, 4, 5 or 6 from September 2017, you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay your course fees.
- You won’t have to pay any course fees up front.
- There’s no credit check and household income isn’t taken into account.
- There’s no upper age limit.
- Loan repayments are linked to what you earn when you have finished your course, not how much you borrowed.
- You only start paying back your loan when you’ve finished your course, and are earning more than £25,000 a year (which is equivalent to £480 a week or £2,083 a month).
- Interest rates are low.
- Loan repayments will be taken directly from your wage, so you won’t have to worry about making separate loan repayments.
- After 30 years, any remaining loan debt is wiped!
You must have been living in the UK for 3 years before starting your course and be a UK national or have ‘settled status’ to apply.
Access to Higher Education (HE) Diplomas & Advanced Learner Loans
Don’t forget if you take out a loan to complete an Access to HE course and then progress to and complete a Student Finance England funded degree/Higher Education course, the outstanding balance of your Loan will be written off!
Advanced Learner Loans Bursary Fund
This Bursary Fund is designed to help vulnerable students who have taken out an Advanced Learner Loan, such as those experiencing financial hardship, parents who may need help towards their childcare and those with learning difficulties or disabilities. All applications are assessed to find those students who are most in need of help. Application forms available by emailing email@example.com
If you’re unsure about taking out a loan, the Money Advice Service, established by the UK government, can offer free, impartial money advice.
It is your responsibility to thoroughly investigate whether you are eligible for financial support before you enrol. To receive student finance you must comply with nationality and residency conditions, age rules and previous study rules.
If you would like more information on financial support, please email Student Services or call us on 01772 643020 .