All further education courses are free if you are a UK resident and aged 16-18 on 31st August in the year you start your studies. Depending upon your circumstances, the following financial support packages may also be available.
16-19 Bursary Fund
The 16-19 Bursary Fund is for young people who need some financial support to help them stay in education after 16. It can be used to contribute towards the cost of a College Travel ID and essential course equipment, educational visits, etc. Two types of bursary are available:
a Bursary of £1,200 a year to young people who:
- are in care/care leavers, or
- are receiving income support (or universal credit), in their own right, or
- have a disability and receiving both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance (or universal credit and personal independence payments) in their own right.
a Discretionary Bursary for students who are most in need. Priority will be given to:
- students eligible for free College meals
- students from households on benefits or with a gross household income of £25,000 or less.
Free College Meals
As well as the bursary fund, some students may receive free college meals. You will be eligible for these if you or your parent(s) receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit with income under £16,190 (not in receipt of WTC)
- Universal Credit (net earnings under £7,400 p.a.a)
How to Apply
If you require financial support towards a college Travel ID, please apply via the student portal or link sent to new students. (Do not use the PayMyStudent link below)
If you do not apply for a Travel ID first, you may not receive a place on your chosen bus service.
If you have not received the bus pass application link, please email your student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org
Free College Meals/16-19 Bursary (only if you DO NOT require a Travel ID):
Application is made through the PayMyStudent Portal on the college website below. Please also refer to the attached Guide below.
For further advice email email@example.com