Here are just some of the reasons why you should join us!
We are an ‘Outstanding’ College with a reputation to be proud of
We are the only College in the country to have won the European Quality Award for Excellence and in our last inspection in 2008 were judged as ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED. As a result we were awarded Beacon College status by the Department for Education. We are also proud to be designated as a National Teaching School.
We’ve got competitive pay and great benefits
- Competitive salaries often exceeding the sector average
- Generous occupational pension schemes for academic and support staff
- Supportive family friendly and flexible working policies
- Free Employee Assistance Programme to staff and their immediate family which includes counselling, legal and lifestyle support
- Childcare Voucher Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Mobile Phone Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlements including the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Free cash point facility
- Free Library membership
- Free computer software
- Free parking at all our centres
- Free membership to our onsite gym
- Competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Great discounts and cash back at major retailers
- Onsite Travel Hub and discounted holidays
We look after your health and well being
As well as providing a generous sick pay scheme we offer staff a range of health services such as Podiatry, Flu vaccinations, Osteoporosis and annual health checks. We have a superb, modern, well equipped gym or alternatively you could try one of our many physical activities or exercise classes.
We invest heavily in your professional development
We have an extensive and varied professional development programme with all new staff allocated a Mentor. It is designed for all staff so that they truly feel part of a learning culture in which their development needs and achievements are valued and recognised. As part of the Runshaw Teaching School we support and develop teaching, learning and assessment skills for all teachers and provide a special programme of support for newly qualified teachers.
We value our staff
We’re proud to recognise that our success is due to the personal contribution made by every member of staff. We therefore run a number of recognition programmes that reward staff and recognise their commitment such as Team Excellence and Long Service Awards.
View our staff charter.
We enjoy having fun
At Runshaw we want to make work fun and much more than just a job! There are plenty of activities to get involved in that make Runshaw a great place to work. Various events are organised throughout the year including quiz nights, summer days out, theatre trips and Christmas Dinner Dance.
We invest in facilities and provide an exceptional working environment
We have invested more than £25m in facilities over the last few years. This includes new science laboratories, sports hall, classrooms,offices and catering outlets.
Our most recent project is the Science and Engineering Innovation Centre at Euxton Lane which opened in 2016.